Friday, 9 September 2011

Statement of Intent

I'm Hannah Green and welcome to my A2 media coursework! I am studying A2 media at York college. For my coursework I have to create a promotional package for a new album. This includes creating a digi pack for the album, a music video for one of the songs, and advertisements for the new album, such as posters or adverts for magazines.


For my coursework last year, I had to create a music magazine; we created the cover, contents page and a double page spread with an article. As well as creating the actual product I had to do research about existing products and use this research to put towards my actual product.


Through this project for my A2 coursework I hope to achieve a final product that is similar to other products within the actual music industry. I hope to create a music video that has similar conventions to that of other music videos in the same genre. I also hope to get enough research about my audience so I can create suitable advertisements to go with my product.

After doing this project I hope to gain more skills in the whole production of films, or in this case music videos. When I leave college I want to continue studying practical filmmaking, and this project will hopefully help me in many aspects of this such as editing, learning about and using different camera angles and specifically having to work in a group with people I don't know. Working on and making films takes a lot of pre production, and I also feel that the research and planning I do for my coursework will increase my skills of having to plan out a schedule, research conventions of a particular genre and organizing my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment